Director of InfoSec – Vancouver
Vancouver, BC, V6A 2L7, CA
LoginRadius was established in 2012 with the mission to simplify the way in which businesses can effectively connect with their customers while ensuring data security and privacy. We have grown exponentially from a small startup to a multi-faceted, industry-leading customer identity and access management platform that is trusted by over 3,000 businesses worldwide. LoginRadius is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and is a global company with clients in over 100 countries and offices in United States, United Kingdom, Australia and India.
We embrace the startup vibe of being agile, with open communication and teamwork. We’ve created a work environment where you’ll learn, challenge status quo, let your creative juices flow, and have your voice heard. In short, we move fast, we learn from our mistakes and we enjoy hanging out. Come join us! Learn more about us at www.loginradius.com!
We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate, and well versed technical leader to join our team as the Director of Infosec. The mandate will be to build and manage a small tiger team responsible for designing and instrumenting over-arching security controls across the company on a new and growing security team. This leader will be accountable for setting the company security standards in alignment with policy and will be executing enterprise-wide technology and control implementations in multiple areas across infrastructure and product offerings. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your skills in a role that is truly cross-functional; working closely with the product engineering team on product security, the DevOps team on SaaS operational security, and the IT team on corporate security.
As well, you’ll like to develop elegant solution approaches that bend security technologies and processes. You’ll also thrive on improving the user experience while minimizing functional tradeoffs. If you’re looking to grow your career, we’re on a hunt for an individual who can roll up their sleeves and lead by example.
- Responsible for building an effective technology and process control capability that is continuously re-factoring to meet evolving security and compliance requirements.
- Partners closely with the IT, DevOps and Product Teams to build, augment, and maintain and effective control environment in response to routine vulnerability and risk assessments
- Work closely with peers and business leads to build and implement controls in alignment with risk-posture, architectural constraints, company strategic direction, and industry trends and best practices
- Delivers the services to product team: Security Architecture Design, Security Control Implementation, Security Tools Integration, Security Architecture Standardization, Business System Security Solution Architecture
- Leads technology implementations may also operate and incubate some of the more advanced security technologies in the cloud infrastructure
- Develops detailed technology roadmaps and overall company-wide security architectures
- Responsible for designing a repeatable security reference architecture and framework and ensuring delivery of all security standards
- Responsible for addressing all security remediation action plans and working with peers and leadership to prioritize activities
- Documents and trains others to help operationalize and automate technologies in close coordination with security operations
- Creates a collaborative environment that reinforces a culture of innovation, ownership, transparency, and alignment to business objectives, balancing risk tradeoffs with options and data
- Continuously identifies areas needing improvement, creates action plans, and executes to implement changes in a timely manner
What you bring to the table…
- A master’s in computer science (or equivalent) degree with 10 years of information security work experience
- Prior demonstrated technical leadership and management in cross-functional security role with 3-5 years minimum of people-management experience
- Certifications such as CISSP, ISSAP, CRISC, and SANS preferred
- Proven track record developing and implementing and integrating security tools and technologies and process integrations both on-prem and in cloud-based architectures
- Prior experience working with application/product development teams on design and implementation of best-practices for security as an embedded function of the various software development processes
- Familiarity and experience with standards and compliance frameworks including ISO, SANS, OWASP, NIST, SSAE SOC, ITIL, etc.
- Familiarity with security architectural models a plus
- Knowledge of various Security Development Lifecycle approaches is required
- Prior experience building and designing enterprise security strategies, and establishing enterprise security processes and technology standards
- Prior experience project-managing security control implementations
- Expertise with operating security technology controls (firewalls, orchestration platforms, anti-malware, forensics, IAM, IDS, DLP, open-source, etc.)
- Prior experience in a technology company working closely with product and DevOps engineers on security requirements
- Experience with DevOps environments and Azure/AWS security controls a strong plus
- Competitive compensation
- Free daily breakfast and weekly catered lunches
- You will learn more in your first 3 months than you probably ever have before
- Growth is #1, that includes your career
- A fully stocked snack cupboard makes strategy sessions great
- Fun company outings
- Casual dress code
We are sorry as this opening is closed, But we are always looking for the right talent. So, if you think you are perfect fit for the profile, drop us a mail at careers[at]loginradius[dot]com
Sounds like you?
Get in touch! Tell us about yourself and why you would be a great fit for LoginRadius.
Do you want to be a part of a tight-knit team in a fast paced industry where decisions are made quick and everyone's opinion is heard? The LoginRadius office houses an up-beat, fun, start-up atmosphere filled with some extremely motivated individuals.Apply Now