This guide explains how to manage roles and permissions for your registered users using the LoginRadius Dashboard.
Note: You must have a Developer Pro plan subscription to access the Manage Roles section in the LoginRadius Dashboard.
- Log in to your LoginRadius Dashboard account. Select your app, then from the left navigation panel, click User Management and then navigate to the Manage Roles section.
Click the down caret, and the Manage Roles screen will appear:
In your role management table, you will find the following details for each configured role:
- Role Name: The name that identifies your configured role. A user can have multiple roles.
- Permission: The permissions that make up your configured role. A role can have multiple permissions. These should be used to define the type of access you wish to grant.
- Set as Default: The flag used to assign roles by default to new users registering on your application. By checking this box, the respective role will automatically be assigned to newly registered users.
- Action: The options that you can perform on your configured role. You can either edit or delete the selected role.
To add a new role, click the Add Role button located as highlighted on the bottom right of the screen:
The Add Role pop-up will appear.
Enter the required details in each respective field and click the Add button to add a new role.
Note: You can add multiple permissions for a role. Press Enter when editing Permissions to finalize the permission name and add more. Also, you need to define the scope and access of your application’s portions with the created roles and permissions.
To edit an existing role, click the Edit button available in its respective Action column.
The Edit Role pop-up will appear.
You can edit the permissions that make up a role, but not its name. Click the Update button to finish editing.
To delete a role, click the Delete button available in its respective Action column.
The Delete Role confirmation pop-up will appear. Click the Confirm button to delete the role.