Manage Passwordless Login
You can enable the Passwordless Login feature for your registered customers to login without providing a password. An OTP/link is sent to the registered phone number/email address, and once the OTP/link is verified, the customer will be logged into the account.
Note: In the case of Passwordless Login, the customer needs to register by providing a password. Later, the customer can log in using the password or OTP.
LoginRadius Identity Platform allows you to implement the Passwordless Login feature in the following ways:
With OTP via SMS: A verification OTP is sent to the registered customer’s phone number, and the OTP verification will log the customer into the account.
With Link on Email: A link is sent to the registered customer’s email address, and following the link will log the customer into the account.
Note: When both Passwordless Login and Two Factor Authentication (2FA) are implemented for your application, the customer will not be prompted for 2FA, if they choose to authenticate with Passwordless Login method.
The following screen displays the passwordless login buttons (with OTP):
For sending login OTP or Email Link, you must manage Communication Settings (Providers and Settings), optionally you can also manage the content of these SMS and Email Templates.
You can manage the content of the Email and SMS template used for the sending login link and OTP.
Login to your LoginRadius Dashboard account, from the left navigation panel, click Configuration and then navigate to the Add A Login Method section. Click the Edit icon next to the Passwordless login method, as highlighted in the screen below:
The following is the default passwordless login template provided by LoginRadius Identity Platform:
Passwordless Login with OTP template is sent out to customers who request to get OTP for login. This SMS will contain an OTP that the customers will need to get Login into their account.
Passwordless Login with Email template is sent out to customers who request to get Email Link for login. This Email will contain an Link that the customers will need to get Login into their account.
- #Name#: This gets replaced with the user's name as defined in the registration form.
- #OTP#: OTP received in SMS for phone number verification.
- #FirstName#: First name from the registered user's profile.
- #LastName#: Last name from the registered user's profile.
- #UserName#: If you enabled username login on your site, you may want to show the name when a user forgets his password.
- #OTPExpiry#: Expiration time of an OTP in seconds. It will replace the value of the 'OTPExpire' field of particular SMS type settings. If there is no set value, then the default value will be '30' seconds.
- #Email#: Email address from the registered user's profile.