As more and more people interact online with businesses for various products and services, it has become increasingly important to collect, manage, and safely store consumer data before it is compromised into the wrong hands.
Safeguarding sensitive information like personal data while ensuring it is only accessible to the business for personalized marketing purposes can be challenging when managing frictionless user experience simultaneously.
As a solution to these challenges, CIAM (customer identity & access management) emerges as a boon for organizations that constantly seek efficient and capable methods to manage customer identity, increase user engagement, enhance data security, and build brand loyalty.
The number of cyberattacks has increased over the years. The online transaction, communication, and transmission of information allow hackers to access personal data without consent. As people become more aware of the consequences of security breaches, they always opt for organizations integrated with CIAM.
CIAM has developed over time with our changing concepts of identity. In this digital era, identity management also surrounds mobile phones and the other computing devices a person uses, payment cards, medical records, and other data disclosing their preferences and purchases.
With the growing technological advancements, the need to secure access to multiple applications and websites also increases. As the world completely transforms into the digital age, safeguarding consumer information is no longer a choice but a must.
CIAM is more than just a solution for access control, data security, and compliance. The innovative methods feature a single view of the customer and customer intelligence across multiple channels. It is built around the various stages of an individual's association with an organization or brand.
These capabilities are specifically designed to cater to a digital consumer's needs. People expect convenience while making an online purchase that is also safe, private, and efficient. They demand advertisements and promotions that meet their wants, requirements, and lifestyle.
More importantly, the customers want access control of their personal information. Leveraging a CIAM solution helps businesses meet these consumer needs without assembling the features.
CIAM, incorporated with businesses, drives progress at every stage of a customer's relationship with the organization. Here are the several locations where CIAM steps in to improve the user experience:
- Transparency - Data Privacy and Access Control
Consumers want instant digital options to delete, edit, or download their data. Transparency in the process always grabs their attention. Failing to do so may dissatisfy and deviate the customer from the platform.
- Quick sign-up
Users always prefer quick and hassle-free registration requiring minimal details (e.g., registration through linking to social accounts).
- Guest browsing
Customers like to browse services or websites anonymously or only as guests before committing to a brand or purchasing their product. Implementing a service or platform that encourages them to engage further is the first step.
- Single-click option
A passwordless and secure login method encourages users to visit the platform more frequently. Already saved profiles and preferences of the users and linked coupons & reward provides a seamless checkout experience to the user.
CIAM revolves around consumer needs. The above solutions encourage customers to engage with businesses that promote such solutions.
Here, we have curated a list of CIAM benefits in brief:
- Consent Management: It allows customers to choose how their private data is used if they will enable it to be shared (they can choose to deny sharing any details).
- Transparency: Once customers have allowed their data to be shared, letting them know that their data is being safely stored and will be used for marketing purposes builds customer trust.
- Safe Self-service Operations: Allowing the users to register in multi-factor authentication, manage login credentials and other security features, and access and manage their accounts improves user engagement.
- Updated Authentication Process: Continuously verifying user identity via biometrics, consumer behaviors, and other indicators that alert the system about malicious activities.
- Easy Registration Method: Make the sign-up or registration process easy and then collect user data to enhance customer profiles.
- Modern Workframe: Tracking marketing and service approaches to final results for a truly customer-centric business strategy.
These CIAM benefits that allow users to control their data and manage their identity and account information inspire trust and loyalty for the business they associate with.
In conclusion, CIAM techniques are beneficial for both business and their customers. It eases a user's purchase journey, requiring minimum effort and details. And side-by-side, CIAM also enhances data security and access control over sensitive information, which helps an organization maintain data integrity and privacy. Overall, CIAM eradicates the risk of security breaches and identity theft.