The last couple of years have been great for OTT (over the top) platforms since the global entertainment and content distribution industry witnessed a paradigm shift.
Admit it, the craze for going out for a movie on the weekend is fading out and is being swiftly replaced by enjoying your favorite series and movies at the comfort of your recliner or even your bed!
Yes, OTT platforms have revolutionized the entire entertainment industry for good. However, specific challenges pertaining to consumer experience are still the bottlenecks of various OTT service providers.
One such major challenge among the content distribution channel is to manage the ever-surging demands of the viewers on multiple platforms.
Today, handling billions of identities is a steep climb for media businesses, especially when every viewer demands an omnichannel experience.
Here’s where an identity management solution can be a game-changer.
Let’s understand how a consumer identity and access management (CIAM) solution could help OTT platforms to handle scalability-related dilemmas like a breeze.
CIAM and OTT — Meant for Each Other
No OTT business can give precise predictions regarding the upsurge in the number of daily signups or subscriptions in today’s era when the internet has become the second home for most of us.
Thus, businesses need to understand the importance of a robust and scalable CIAM solution that can handle a sudden rush in the number of logins or sign-ups without hampering the user experience.
With a CIAM solution like LoginRadius, you can be sure enough to deliver the best user experience to your existing clients and potential subscribers as our cloud infrastructure automatically scales to accommodate swiftly changing loads of data storage, account creation, consumer authentication, new application deployment, and more.
What’s more? You get the highest level of security through robust authentication mechanisms, including multi-factor authentication, risk-based authentication, and more.
Security Isn’t a Luxury Anymore; It’s the Absolute Necessity!
Media businesses should understand that offering a great user experience through a highly-scalable infrastructure is crucial but not at the expense of poor login and security.
Balancing user experience with robust security is the need for OTT platforms since cybercriminals are already targeting consumer identities by exploiting weak layers of security.
As we know, every OTT platform is handling peak loads as the number of viewers and subscribers is swiftly increasing; stringent security layers should be the top priority.
Hence, to avoid losses worth millions of dollars and prevent brand tarnishing in the global markets, OTT vendors should immediately consider incorporating smart security mechanisms through a reliable CIAM solution.
Why is LoginRadius the Perfect Companion for OTT Platforms?
Our infrastructure auto-scales to accommodate the rapid growth of your customer base. LoginRadius ensures that your expansion has no limitations with no cap on users.
Moreover, the LoginRadius Identity Platform auto-scales to handle hundreds of applications, whether web, mobile, smart TV, gaming console—and the list goes on.
Here are some reasons why OTT platforms must choose LoginRadius as their identity provider:
- Auto-scalable infrastructure: LoginRadius empowers businesses to deliver a secure and delightful user experience to their clients through its comprehensive and scalable consumer identity and secure access management platform. With 100% uptime and 35 data centers across the globe, LoginRadius’ cloud-based platform can scale to 100s of millions of users in a couple of seconds.
- Low-friction user registration: LoginRadius offers flexible account setup choices like standard login, social login, and self-serve registration for hassle-free entry into your web or mobile application.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA): LoginRadius offers identity management for developers by making it easier to safeguard consumer data with extra protection layers. The CIAM provider allows a plethora of authentication methods, including phone calls, SMS/text messages, email verification, time-based code, hardware token, security questions, biometrics, Google Authenticator, etc., each time they want to access their accounts.
- Single sign-on (SSO): SSO can provide easy access to multiple websites or applications using a single set of credentials. Developers can connect with external identity providers by implementing OAuth 2.0, SAML, or OpenID Connect standards. LoginRadius offers different ways to integrate web, mobile, and federated SSO.
- Compliance management: Developers can add authorization policies through LoginRadius. The CIAM provider is well compliant with formal data protection regulations across the globe, like the EU's GDPR and California's CCPA.
OTT platforms have witnessed a tremendous increase in the number of users and subscribers in the past couple of years, and hence, securing massive user information becomes an uphill battle for vendors.
Moreover, the ever-expanding demands of subscribers can only be fulfilled through an auto-scalable infrastructure that guarantees security and manages peak loads without any hassle.
The LoginRadius CIAM offers robust security and a rich user experience to OTT platforms with real-time auto-scalable infrastructure that automatically scales depending on the users’ demands.