How LoginRadius Prevents Bot Attacks for Your Business
Learn why botnet attacks are more dangerous than ever
Cybersecurity has long been threatened by the presence of “viruses” or malware that infects a device through various pathways. Botnets are known to be a group of devices that have been infected by malware.
This malware recruits the device to communicate with the “Command and Control” server. Therefore, the infected device known as a bot will now be vulnerable. A botnet can simultaneously recruit and infect thousands of devices.
This whitepaper offers a comprehensive understanding of botnets, its types and how to prevent such attacks.
You’ll also learn what the classic botnet structure looks like. For example, its components include:
- The Attacker: This device is the initiator or the source of the malware.
- Bots: The devices that download these files become bots.
- The Botnet: The bots are then connected to a central server known as the Command and Control server.
- Communication Pathways: This refers to various protocols like HTTP or IRC that the bot might use to communicate with the C&C server.
- Victims: The cycle of infection continues as more devices continue to download the malware. Therefore, the bot attack will leave a significant number of “victims”.
Download this whitepaper to learn how LoginRadius mitigates botnet attacks for businesses as well as its consumers.