Streamline your customer experience by defining user roles, access, and authorization.
What is Role Management?
Role management is typically part of a user registration system. With it, you can easily define roles for your customers and control access to portions of your digital properties.
With LoginRadius Role Management, you can customize and define your customers’ roles, including the default role, and what each role can access. You can then automatically enable or disable access and authorization for a customer based on their role or membership.
Use cases that Role Management addresses
Role Management addresses a wide variety of use cases. Let’s explore an example.
McPherson Media Group (MMG) is one of the largest privately owned media groups in Australia, encompassing a number of brands and entities across the continent. McPherson Media Group needed to offer different levels of access for their customers, depending on whether they have a free or paid account.
After integrating LoginRadius, MMG was able to provide a seamless and highly customizable customer journey. The team achieved this outcome while designing this user flow to best complement their marketing strategy.
For example, customers without a paid account are only able to access a certain number of free articles. When this limit is reached, they are prompted to sign up for a paid account.
Download our e-book, The 4 Key Entry Points to a Digital Transformation, to learn more about MMG and other companies using LoginRadius to improve customer experience and security.
The benefits of Role Management
Here are some of the benefits of using LoginRadius Role Management:
- Automating a personalized customer experience: Roles and permissions are automated so your customers can browse and use your digital properties based on their account level.
- Improved loyalty and engagement: By personalizing your customer experience, return rates will improve as well the engagement throughout your digital properties.
- Quick and easy implementation: The LoginRadius Identity Platform can be implemented in a matter of weeks.
- Easy to manage: The Role Management module can be accessed directly from the LoginRadius Admin Console.
- Secure your internal network: Enforce strict roles and permissions to avoid lapses in your internal security.
How Role Management works in LoginRadius
The LoginRadius Identity Platform enables you to easily create user roles and set access levels on all your digital properties.
With the Role Management module, you can edit your user roles from the Admin Console at any time, ensuring easy implementation. You can also assign many roles to a single user and LoginRadius will manage access accordingly.
The platform also supports SSO protocols, meaning you can use roles and authorizations for one of your properties and allow that same configuration across to all your entire ecosystem.
LoginRadius Role Management allows you to define access for your users based on the following criteria:
- Role: The title given to the set of permissions you will grant the user. An example of the roles you assign a user on an internet forum could be “moderator” or “admin”.
- Permission: The type of permissions you want to give each role. For example, you give the “moderator” role on a web forum the “edit” permission (they are able to “edit” posts but not “delete” them).
Context: Define custom roles and permissions. The context is used to give additional permissions to your users on a case-by-case basis. These are essentially permissions that would not be encountered outside the context. Here’s an example of how context can be used:
- The name of the context is “School, Online Classes”.
- The roles for the context are “Student, Teacher, Principal”.
- The additional permissions tied to the context are “Access to School Activities” (for a student studying at school), “Access to 24/7 Online Support System” (for a student studying remotely via online classes).
Ready to take the next step?
Book a personal demo today.